La maison dite « De Richelieu »

Built in 1650, it has been a listed monument since 1981.
La Maison de Richelieu
La Maison de Richelieu
La Maison de Richelieu
La Maison de Richelieu
La Maison de Richelieu
La Maison de Richelieu

Dates & opening times

Open all days from 01/01 to 31/12 (all years)

Descriptif

This house, with its typical classical architecture, once belonged to the grand nephew of Cardinal de Richelieu, Comte de Marennes.



It is divided into several levels: the first floor, connected to the first floor by a cornice supported by a series of plant-inspired brackets alternating with square or rectangular tables. The upper floor, with 4 bay windows, is separated from the attic by a cornice featuring a series of sculpted modillions. At the sill of the small window on the top floor, the only opening on this level, are two figured brackets - one of which bears a cartouche indicating the date the house was built, and frames a central cartouche that was hammered out during the French Revolution.



The entire building is crowned by a third dentil cornice. The lateral ends are adorned with two sculpted lions serving as gargoyles.



It was looted and burned during the French Revolution, destroying part of the interior decoration. It is now a dwelling house.



Not open to the public.

Tracking

La maison dite « De Richelieu » 40, Rue Le Terme17320, Marennes-Hiers-BrouageFrance

Itinerary

Characteristics

Utilities
Parking
Languages
French
Surroundings
Town location
In centre of town
Close to a public transportation
Bus station under 300 m
Cycle track/route within 500 m
Close to pleasure port
Themes
Historic patrimony
House
Categories
Classified
17th C

Contact

Haut de page